Ahh, the humble grilled cheese; crunchy, gooey and melty bite with a desi twist! This simple, yet delicious recipe will pair perfect as a quick snack for chilly nights.Print
Masala Grilled Cheese
There may be hundreds of grilled cheese recipes out there but this has got to be my favorite so far. Originating since the early 1900’s, this simple dish sustained many families and workers during the Great Depression. Today, it is a raving, go-to-snack for any occasion. There are so many versions of the grilled cheese (remember Khloe Kardashian’s pink grilled cheeses?), I’ve decided to share my beloved recipe with you!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 Serving 1x
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Nonstick Pan
- Cuisine: Desi-American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 2 slices of bread, your choice
- 2 slices of American cheese
- 1/4 tsp of chili powder
- 2 tsp butter (1 tsp for each side of sandwich)
- 1 tsp green onion/scallion, chopped
- Lightly grease nonstick pan with butter and place pan on low-medium heat.
- Without fully toasting it, heat slices of bread on one side for 30 seconds.
- Flip both slices of bread over and add slices of cheese.
- Sprinkle chili powder over the cheese and green onion.
- Combine both slices together and remove sandwich from the pan.
- Melt 1 tsp of butter into pan and place sandwich back into pan until golden brown. Don’t forget to move it around to soak up the extra butter!
- Repeat the previous step again for the other side of the sandwich.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 300
Keywords: spicy grilled cheese, masala grilled cheese